1. Repeal of the Combat Restrictions
DACOWITS again strongly urges the Department of Defense and the U. S. Coast Guard to seek actively the repeal of 10 U. S. C. Sec. 6015 and 10 U. S. C. Sec. 8549.
2. Women in the Coast Guard (When it Operates as a Service in the Navy)
DACOWITS urges that the Secretary of the Navy establish policy that the restrictions of 10 USC Sec. 6015 will not apply to the Coast Guard when operating as a service in the Navy.
3. Housing Allowance for Service Couples
DACOWITS recommends that the Department of Defense leave intact the current entitlement for housing allowances for married military couples maintaining a single household.
4. Joint Service Study Group on Compensation for Service Couples
DACOWITS recommends that the study group invite comments from Service members regarding this compensation issue and consider the responses in its final Recommendations.
5. Availability of Medical Care
DACOWITS recommends that the Services take whatever management initiatives are necessary to insure that lost time in delivery of medical care is reduced, particularly by giving the active duty women members priority of treatment in OB/GYN.
6. Information regarding Reserve Components
DACOWITS recommends that each Service report implications for reserve components as applicable, when responses to Recommendations and requests for information are prepared.
Chair: Ms. Maria Elena Torralva